In partnership with Customized HR Solutions, Eide Bailly, ForbesMA and Principal.
October 25-26, 2018
Set your business up for success. Start planning. At this two-day event, we'll cover a range of topics.
On both days you’ll have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one sessions with ownership transfer and succession planning consultants. View the program schedule.
- Looking at why valuing your company is important
- Exploring various valuation methods
- Discussing the buying and selling process in the context of the current market
Mergers and Acquisitions Overview
- Comparing the benefits of third-party vs. internal sales
- Examining current mergers and acquisitions activity and examples
- Briefing you on private equity buyers
Transitioning Your Business Utilizing an ESOP
- Key advantages for shareholders, company and key associates
- Utilizing equity compensation plans to retain and reward key employees
- Sell stock while retaining control of leadership and strategic vision of company
Evaluating Your Leadership Pipeline
- Considering how to select your best potential leaders and successors
- Identifying gaps in current leadership positions and planning
- Reviewing ways to tie leadership development to organizational needs and strategy
Incentive Compensation and Ownership Transition
- Outlining common mistakes and best practices when designing and implementing short-term incentive compensation plans
- Exploring different methods for retaining key talent through long-term incentive plans like phantom stock and stock appreciation rights
- Learning how long-term incentive compensation plans can facilitate ownership transfer
Techniques for Transferring Ownership
- Examining various corporate structures
- Learning different methods to transferring ownership
- Reviewing the advantages and disadvantages of each transfer method
2018 Tax Law Changes and Impact to Owners
- Tax reform for business owners: New law, new opportunities (and pitfalls)
- Entity selection: Time to rethink the C-Corporation?
- Individual taxation: A study of changes specific to individual taxpayers and trusts
Overview of Succession Management
- Outlining steps of the business succession process
- Understanding the effects of inadequate succession planning
- Discussing various succession strategies
Action Planning and Conclusion
- Identifying specific, actionable items to complete relative to ownership transfer and management succession
- Mapping out detailed follow-up for when you return to your company
- Sharing action items with facilitators and other participants to strengthen depth of goals
Practical guidance you can really use
The event concludes with a key action planning session: together we'll identify specific, actionable items for when you return to your company.
If you have any questions please contact Chelsea Guagliardo or call (212) 251-5269.